LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I am planning on keeping my DRZ-125L for another season and i was wondering if a Hotcam and a Pipe would be worth it. I have to wait atleast another season until I can get a 250 or a different new bike. So do you think it would be worth the added performance, if any?

And, how hard would it be to install the Hot Cam and would it make a good amount of power boost. This is what i am looking at... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZU...023QQitemZ360029593003QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V. I am not buying that exact one but the same thing. Please any input would be appreciated.

:ride:

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Honestly I don't think it will make a great difference. My bro-in-law has a ttr125 just like my wifes. He did the BBR150 kit with a PC pipe and the airbox mods. He and I drag raced, up until the stocker topped out he got me by a bike length. I was shocked. I figured that thing would eat the stocker for lunch. IMO, not worth the cost.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The cylinder head is the sticking point with these little engines. Until you make more air move through the ports, the bolt on stuff is limited in it's effectiveness.

On my TTR125 I spent a lot of time on the flow bench reworking the ports in the head, but left the engine stock except for lightening the flywheel , making a new end cap for the stock pipe to eliminate the spark arrestor, and jetting. Mine would easily outrun bikes with cams and pipes but no head work.

The Hot Cam is an excellent choice, but it works much better with a modified cylinder head.

If you have limited funds spend it on a Frank Nye - Outlaw Series megaphone pipe. It's the best bang for the buck on a stock engine. Unlike most of the chrome plated crap pipes out there, this pipe works.

http://www.xr100.com/outlaw_series_exhaust_pipes.htm

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom