How and what do i have to do to grease the linkage

king_wop

Nov 6, 2002
Hey guys, I am wondering what parts i have to take off to get at my rear linkage, and how to grease it and how to grease it and were to get at it to grease it? Thanks please in detail if u ahve to time? :yeehaw: :thumb:

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
There should be 3 bolts going through it...take them all out and the linkage will come out. While you're at it take the swingarm off and the rear shock (the top pivot bearing) to grease those too.

What I do to grease mine is to take a rag and wipe all the old grease out. If you really wanted to you could clean them in a parts washer. Then take a big gouber of grease on you finger and work it into the bearings, you CANNOT just smear grease in there. The more the better! As for grease...use a synthetic that is specially formulated to resist water, I use Amsoil

king_wop

Nov 6, 2002
Thanks Moto Squid i thought in order to take off the rear linkage you had to take off the rear tire, the swing arm and the rear shock, soeone just told me that do you ahve to take off all of those parts to take off the rear linkage? And approximatly how long should it take to just take off the rear linkage and grease just the rear linkage? Thanks

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
well it all depends on your bike and mecanical abilitys i can greese mine in about 10 minutes ready to ride and my bud it will talke him a good half hour

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Whilst you have your linkage and swingarm apart, you might want to consider drilling and tapping the pivots to install grease fittings.
(on some bikes this works better than others....)
Makes the job a lot quicker and easier.
(not to mention less messy.) :)

king_wop

Nov 6, 2002
ok im confused do i have to take off parts in order to take off the linkage, or can i just take my bike out of the shed and take off the 3 bolts held my the linkage and grease just the linkage not taking any other parts off??????????

king_wop

Nov 6, 2002
Thanks man i really appreciate it its just cause some other ppl ahve told me to take the rear wheel swing arm and the rear shock off i assume they told me to take those parts off because it is easier to get at and work on the linkage? :eek:

Top Bottom