Brad V

Jul 4, 2007
im just wondering how are 250F's in the woods? i got a 230 right now and for the woods its good, but rippin around its pretty slow. its a 2003, so i dont know if the newer models got any more power. it seems like its good 1st- 3rd, and then 4th and up the acceleration just vanishes. so im lookin for a 250 four stroke eventually. I heard they're fast, and im lookin for a better suspension on a bike so im thinkin eventually a 250. But im just wonderin how they are in the woods, cuz i like the woods, and wanna start ridin mx. thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
A 250f is great for woods. The race models have light flywheels, so they stall easier in the tight stuff. You can get heavier flywheels or weights to help this. I ride mostly woods with my 250f and it does great. The suspension is a bit stiff as well, but I'm gonna live with it until I can scratch up some cash to it reworked.

Brad V

Jul 4, 2007
thanks guys. i wanna do those mods but the carb is pretty intimidating. when i get some one to help me out with more mechanical know how, ill tell ya guys how it turns out.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
I have a WR250F and it has done great on the tight trails. Recently I put in a rekluse, and it made the tight trails even more fun to attack. When properly adjusted, the Rekluse keeps the engine running while you are sliding into a corner, and lets you power out just a little quicker. The 250, in my opinon, is really well suited to the tight trails. Not too heavy, and plenty of power to jet down the trail.

Top Bottom