How can i make my 2001YZ250f Lighter?

mxracer724

Oct 6, 2001
Can anyone help me? I'm not very big I'm 5'8" 120 pounds and was wondering is there anyone who knows a way to make my 250f lighter?

Are there any companies that make aluminum frames and subframes? Swingarms? Rims and hubs? Anything I want to shave as much wieght off as possible no matter the cost I love the bike and if I can take like 10 pounds off that would be so cool then The bike would just be flat out the best bike I have ever had! Wait a sec it already is. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wait for a CRF250R? Will probably cost less than taking 10lbs off the YZ :)

mxkid

Jun 6, 2000
Okie's right, the CRF250 will probably be 10-15 lbs. lighter than the YZ250F.

But if you just can't wait, BBR can sell you a nice light creation. How does a 180lb. CR80 expert suspended missle sound:eek: :scream: ?? Check out the pics HERE.

RJ

Last edited:

mxracer724

Oct 6, 2001
Thanks that is what I think too I heard bbr could get my engine in a cr frame but it is like 14,000 dollars i think i will wait a year for the crf250

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I "think"that the 14000 is including the motor which you already have, then you can proabably part out the rest of your bike to help pay the diff:D
But the cheapest solution is to work out to get more strength for holding that bike up/

Last edited:

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Your light weight, at 120 lbs., is already having a far greater effect than taking a few pounds off of any bike will ever have. I think a little bit of strength and endurance training will benefit you more than losing ten pounds from your YZ-F.

An aftermarket exhaust will take the largest single chunk of weight from the YZ250 F, and add substantial power as well, but at the expense of greatly increased noise.

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TITANIUM $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MORE TITANIUM$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$CARBON FIBER $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GET THE HINT, LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:p
OH YEA, YOU COULD BUT A HONDA :p :

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Oh we’ve been through this before. . .

Take off the mudguards, number boards, grips, every second spoke, airbox & filter, petrol tank (will run quite a while on the float), or you could use un-leaded gas which must be lighter. Seat (always stand), brakes only slow you down & finally just keep removing bits until the bike stops & put the last bit back on.

Glad to be of disservice.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by David Trustrum
Oh we’ve been through this before. . .

finally just keep removing bits until the bike stops & put the last bit back on.

I remember that thread!!! Funny:) :) :)

Top Bottom