How can RC be sooo much better?

CAVSCOUT96

Dec 12, 2004
DRIVE!!!

I think it's funny that people sy oh he's not that much better, just a tenth here and a tenth there. The guy has won 47/48 motos in the last two years!!! After thrashing his knee.

The guy is a machine. He works his body to maintain top form, and rides lap after lap after lap honing his bike and his skills. He wins them all because he wants it more, and is willing to put in the hard work to get it. Plus he knows he can / will beat anybody in the world so he goes out expecting to win. Confidence, desire and hard work are an awesome combination.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri

Thank you...my apologies....I'll drop it. Life doesn't always deal us a fair deck of cards. Been there...done that.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ran into RC icing up a cooler at a grocery store in Florida. Super talkative, positive, only good things to say. He's good for our sport on a PR level, obviously good for Suzuki. Boy did Honda make a blunder!
Obviously, there's nobody better outdoors. And I think we're going to see some good racing indoors. I'd sure never bet against him!

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Okiewan said:
DRN is an outlet for Pred... ya see, he's involved in local politics.. kisses baby's and booty all day... DRN is like a release for the "dead inside" .. uh.. side of pred...
Ohhhhhhh....
A butt kissin' 4 stroker..., no wonder he thinks RC sucks!!!
JK :laugh:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002

Yes, but remember all the crap RC took when he rode Honda and supposedly was a PR blunder? Everyone said he was cocky, unaproachable, etc, etc. Pretty much what they say about JBS now.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
karterron said:
Yes, but remember all the crap RC took when he rode Honda and supposedly was a PR blunder? Everyone said he was cocky, unaproachable, etc, etc. Pretty much what they say about JBS now.

RC has never been that bad..He's been one of the most humble out there...When he gets beat he always gives the other guy credit.

RC was booed just because he switched to Honda..Not for anything personal he did...Although alot of Kawi fans took it personal and Yammi fans were ticked because they really wanted MC to win. Heck I was disappointed to see MC get beat.

Bubba is on record saying he is faster than RC before they even raced...Not to mention some of the most arrogant podium speeches ever heard...Maybe his attitude will change after a most humbling season racing the big boys.

That kind of talk never wins many fans...MC, RC, and TP are some of the easiest guys to like and root for..

If Bubba could learn this he'll win over alot of fans...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ditto on John 3 16 (excellent name). I'm right there with ya bro.

Bluethumper

Oct 27, 1999
RC seems to have matured as a racer and as a representative of the the sport since his return from his knee injury. Prior to this event i had seen him in the pits talking with others riders and if fans would walk up to him he would walk away and disappoint his fans. So I have always respected how fast he was i never liked him as a representative of the sport. Today I believe he has turned that around and is enjoying the fans and all the sport has provide him. He has become the G.O.A.T

byrd

Nov 10, 2005
rc is the best now

RC is the best in the world because he trains constly and rides as hard as he can. He went over to europe and beat the best guy over there with ease. it's not the bike because he was domonit on a 125kx, 250 honda 450 honda and now a rmz 450. he is just fast..

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
rm250??

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
RC is a one off, everts is a amazing rider(has a string of world titles) but hes older and not in his prime, but even then he would not compete with RC-i cant think of many other riders that are even close??

I predict we wont see anything like RC for a long time, or even ever again, the tree huggers may get us before someone can get close to Rc records.

Is it right hes won every outdoor overall since 2002?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Gotta agree with that completely... he's a freak. having been a fan since the early 70's, I honestly can't come up with anyone on his level. Frankly, I'm glad there won't be another one anytime soon, the sport can't take it, lol. I've never before just skipped an airing of a National. Now I just watch re-runs on OLN when there's nothing constructive to do.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
. . . I honestly can't come up with anyone on his level.
Hannah. But Hannah had competition that didn't lay down like today's well paid backmarkers.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
oh yeah, and Hannah didn't have a 4-stroke. If he'd had that, he would still be dominating.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
There must be something in the water....

RC owns AMA MX and SX.

Valentino Rossi owns MotoGP (and 500cc GP before it).

Lance Armstrong owns the Tour de France.

Michael Schumacher owned Formula 1, at least until they totally rewrote the rulebook (with some completely asinine rules, at least in my view) on him.

I think they're all aliens myself. ;)

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
I think it comes down to a combination of 3 key things: confidence, stamina, and smoothness. Through years of riding and practicing, he's gained the confidence to go fast. Everything comes to him automatically like he is on autopilot. This allows him to focus on maintaining his stamina at a race pace. I'm sure if you hookup a heart monitor to him while racing, you will see his heartbeat is probably slower than the other riders. Finally, smoothness allows him to ride different lines that others fail to take. His subtle body movements along with excellent clutch, throttle, and brake control allows him to be smoother than his competition. The way I see it... he has the confidence to go fast, the stamina to maintain that pace, and the smoothness to get around the track without making mistakes.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I tell ya who was my hero as a kid, one of the greatest outdoor mx'ers of all time IMO - Roger DeCoster. Hmm, small world ain't it!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001

RC is in a class by himself. but definitly human..

Rossi may be bailing before Melandri and Hayden can beat him. Appears to be going to F1!!

And RC has won on 3 different brands no matter what the rule changes.

Let's see Rossi win on Suzuki!

Now Armstrong, I'm not so sure he's human.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Well, Rossi won the championship on a Yamaha that none of the other riders could really podium on. I think the bike matters a bit more in RR as well.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005

All of these are interesting point EXCEPT for Schumacher. In ALL those other instances the other riders had access to the same equiptment as the other guys, EXCEPT for F1.

I am a HUGE F1 fan, but the results this year make me wonder a lot about the winner of the series there. So are we now saying that Michael can ONLY win when the rules benefit ferarri? Well, if that is the case, couldn't Williams and McLaren say the same thing about the years that Michael did win? The problem with F1 is that each team uses thier own equipt, it is almost like the manufactuers championship is actually more legit than the drivers championship. In F1 if you have the best equipt the only person you have to beat is your teamate and your set.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Schumacher's problems this year have more to do with the shortcomings of the Bridgestone tires than anything else. Michelin did five times the testing in the offseason than them and made a huge step forward.

As far as his dominance, rewind to last year. He won on a 4-stop strategy once (considered impossibe) by simply upping his pace a second a lap to pull the gap he needed. Other cars could get on the podium, had higher horsepower numbers, better trap speeds, and all the rest, but Schumacher still beat them like red-headed stepchildren. The same can be said for the six years before that.

And last I checked, in any motorsport each team uses their own equipment. No one else had RC's Makita Suzuki except his teammates.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…