Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Would it be if Dirt Rider Mag. did some kind of torture test on all the bikes submitted for the build? Not so much hammered each against the other for 24 hours since a heads up wasn't the intent but, run each bike in it's intended environment for 24 hours to see how they hold up, how the riders like them over an extended period of time, and what kind of servicing they need both during and after. It would give everybody a good idea of how various modified bikes would hold up in the long run. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's just evil Pat.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
LOL, I wonder what Patty is trying to say?????? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
LOL, I wonder what Patty is trying to say?????? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Just that "ultimate" would seem to also include the ability to reliably run for a reasonable amount of time before some catastrophic failure would occur. My 284 is not going to live as long as a bone stock XR250 but I would have no problem riding it for an endurance run. Humping it back from the other side of a desert mountain on foot because of a major engine failure that put parts through the cases wouldn't seem to be ultimate anything except an ultimate expense and ultimate PITA. Maybe I'm wrong? :uh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
Just that "ultimate" would seem to also include the ability to reliably run for a reasonable amount of time before some catastrophic failure would occur. Humping it back from the other side of a desert mountain on foot because of a major engine failure that put parts through the cases wouldn't seem to be ultimate anything except an ultimate expense and ultimate PITA.
Agreed. I don't think the machines will be there in time for their 24 hour, but maybe that could be the goal for next year?

Top Bottom