wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
i'm trying to remove my original spring, but i can't seem to get the spring off b/c there is a big clip holding a bowl shaped collar, how do you remove this clip? i can't seem to figure out any ways to do this.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
First, unwind completely the two spanner rings on top of the spring. Then, try to reach the rubber bumper at the bottom of the shock shaft and lift it up an inch or so. Now turn the shock upside down and the lower clip should separate in two, one half will slip on the side, the other one will come out with the spring.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
wornknobby said:
thats the problem, the lower clip is so strong that i cannot separate it. i'm not sure on hoe to "open" it.
No, that big c-clip is not meant to be opened. It is meant to be lifted and passed on the side; once the rubber bumper is lifted high enough to clear. Make sure the spring is loose enough.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
sorry for asking so many questions, but what do you mean it is meant to be passed on the side. i can move it up and down w/o problem

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I suspect your problem is the 2 parts are rusted together and look like one piece. Part 26 and 10 are one over the other and are sometimes hard to separate. Use penetrating oil and once it is separated, the c-clip shaped part will be able to be removed from the side, the other one will the removed as the spring comes out.

Attachments

• rear_shock_absorber_95-96.jpg
    rear_shock_absorber_95-96.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom