Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Although it's not by choice, I have pre-mix that sits sometimes for 6-7 weeks. I realize that this probably isn't the best, but I don't really notice any difference, and all things considered, it works for me.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
The addition of oil to the gas helps prolong the fuels life. Products such as Stabil used to be just a form of oil!

FWIW, My SeaDoo has been sitting idle for about a year. I had straight gas in the tank. My GP800 also sat idle for the very same amount of time with premix in the tank. The SeaDoo had varninsh in the carb and tank, the Yamaha was perfect and still ran well.

Chris

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
The premix oil should stay good for a LONG time.....it's the gasoline that goes bad over time. Being highly evaporative, the gasoline will all evaporate over time leaving just the oil.

A few weeks shouldn't degrade the fuel too much, but you may notice less responsiveness as the lighter fractions have evaporated away, leaving the less volatial fraction.

I usually dump it in my lawn mower after a month. Premix works just fine in that 4 cycle briggs engine. I'd put it in my truck, but I'm afraid that the oil in it would ruin the O2 sensor or converter somehow.

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
I've used it being about 2 months old, and never noticed a difference. I was just wondering if degraded the oil, and maybe lost some of it's lubricity. Thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom