How many winter projects are going on/finished?

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Marc-I have access to a lot of equipment here at work and some skilled folks to do the things that I'm no good at. There were no labor costs involved. Just parts.

If you didnt have the frame painted black then the bike just wouldnt look as good..nice job on that.. Thats great how you have so many parts and skills availiable at your finger tips that must feel good when you take a dive a break something on your bike knowing that you will be able to replace it pretty easy.. Is there anyway that you can make those pics any bigger so that i can use them as a backround for my comp??? thx biglou...

B

biglou

Marc-Click on my DRN email in my sig line and I'll email you the big pics. They are quite nice. Very hi-quality. They are about 330k each and I have quite a few more than I posted in that thread. I have a good one on a stand in the dirt in the sunlight that is pretty nice. Anyway, shoot me an email and I'll send them to you tonight when I get home from work.:)

Jh85

May 17, 2001
Nope, I have never even ridden it.:eek:

Two of my riding buddies had rode the bike before it broke. They really liked it. I could have resold it and made money on it without fixing anything so I figured I had nothing to lose.

I need to find a new set of graphics and a new seatcover:whiner:. I wonder if the graphics of a 1996-> would fit:think

O well I'll worry about getting it together and riding it before I worry about graphics:D

Now where's that cam?:ugg:

wizard69

May 3, 2001
well my winter mods include...
renthal bars
newer bridgestone tires
black powdercoated frame
new white plastics
recovered seat
fmf pipe and silencer (came with bike)
new chain and sprokets
progrip grips
uni filter
new brakepads
new front and back wheel bearings
new fork oilseals (again!!)
new swing arm bearings.
chain rollers
chain rub
new leavers
a few of these I got before winter but most are not "instaled"yet I have my bike in my house so I don't have to go out to the garage.I am having troubles with bolt's I know there are different ratings of bolt's but if I have two bolt's the same size how do I know if one is stronger?or is it?
I took the paint off the motor mount tabs and I am going to take the paint off the coil mounts but I don't know what to do should I grind both down or just one?also the ground wire goes right on the bolt but I forget which one.
does it matter what side it is on?thanx.p.s.please help I need to know asap

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Big lou thanks or the pics...looks very bright on my pc..wohoo

Wizard69 I would love to help with your q's but honestly i would be giving you false info b/c i truely do not know the right answer ..sorry :(

B

biglou

Wizard-Just make sure the ground wire is touching bare metal either directly or indirectly. As for most of the smaller hardware, the bolts are all probably the same grade/strength. The important ones like engine mounting bolts and linkage bolts are usually hard to confuse with any other bolts. I believe that most of the smaller, 6mm bolts are all the same grade.

Jh85

May 17, 2001
Wizard,

The way they rate metric bolts for strength is right on the head of the bolt. For example on my bike someone put two bolts on the oil filter cover thingy. They have 10.9 on them. The number before the . stands for one quality and the one after stands for something else.

Sooooo I would say as long as you use a little common sense and as long as there aren't any bolts with #'s on the head you will do allright.

Like Lou says most smaller hardware is probably all the same strength. I just hope no one mixed up the bolts on my bike:eek:

Good Luck :D

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom