monte

Jun 16, 2004
Hey just wondering how much coolant and water to put in to my 1992 kdx200, what is the capacity of the radiator and what ratio with anti freeze to use??

cheers

alex

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
I did not know that a service manual was required to ask a simple question. What's with all the attitude and pissing matches lately? I don't get it :|

Mix antifreeze and DISTILLED WATER 50:50. As for quantity open up the bleeders and start filling slowly(with the bike level). When the bleeder on the head pees coolant close it and continue filling with the rad bleeder still open. When its full close the bleeder and top it off.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
What is the capacity?

The capacity is how much it holds.

I don't know why a figure matters unless you are wondering why your 1.5 litre cooling system takes 4 litres.

The KDX spec sheet doesn't list a capacity for the cooling system.

The 'bleeders' mentioned are plugs/bolts, not bleeders in the sense of threaded petcocks (as you find on automotive radiators/cooling systems). You will find one on the kdx head in the vicinity of the coolant hose nipple.

It's important to have no air in the coolant system (thus the 'bleed' part). It is possible for such entrapped air to block coolant movement.

That's a bad thing! ;)

A good primer on different types of antifreeze is here.

The most important part of it is at the bottom: Use what is recommended, change it when you should.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There are a number of plugs on the rads if I recall correctly. Nothing you would want to be wrenching on probably.

Seems there's a black one on the top, too?

Take a look at your rads and I'm sure they will be intuitively obvious....to the most casual observer.;)

As long as you don't have air trapped in the head, fill 'em up, run your bike, check the level.....I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had my coolant system emptied quite a few times. Haven't done anything other than fill it back up (and checked it a couple of times afterward).

Last edited:
Top Bottom