tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I was wondering what ya'll think it would cost to powder coat rims just plain ol black. Keep in mind I would take them off the bike, remove the hub, spokes yadayadayads, just the rim. I have been quoted by 2 places, one said $100 both of them and the other said he would have to see them probably $25-$50 each. I live in Central Arkansas so it isn't like living in So Cal were there is probably a powder coater on every street. I wouldn't mind paying 25 dollars each rim but I hate to have to tear that crap apart and then have the guy say $50 each. I think for around $80 a piece I could buy new black rims and keep the stock ones just in case I bend them because I am SO FAST, I DO LIKE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 FOOT TABLE TOPS. Total Sarcasm, I am a fat old slow man. Just fishing for what some of you may have paid to get your rims powder coated, see if it is worth it or if I should just get new ones. And no, buying the excel complete wheel isn't an option, I am looking for the cheap out. Thanks.

cjonesy22002

Sep 16, 2005
that's a lower price than i was expecting to see. i would have advised you to go and get a DIY kit for cheaper, but that is a pretty good price.

you could probably get it done with the spokes and hubs attached.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
cjonesy22002 said:
that's a lower price than i was expecting to see. i would have advised you to go and get a DIY kit for cheaper, but that is a pretty good price.

you could probably get it done with the spokes and hubs attached.

I just figured it would need to be torn down completely.

Jun 12, 2005
Yah im actually ordering in a FMF fatty sometime soon so ill have a nice new pipe on. Then im gona do some jetting and she will be running strong. And some new bars mine are bent.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
coating rims

are you good at rebuilding trueing if you tear them down,? I think its like about $50 each to get a shop to just true them up. I had them laced and they just needed trued... Its crazy what bike shops get for shop rate. $90 an hour for labor some places. Considering a boeing 747 gets a shop rate of about $40 ....these shop owners are going to price themselves out of a job.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
+30 said:
are you good at rebuilding trueing if you tear them down,?

I have no clue, never done it. I understand how it is done, I am willing to bet that lacing wheels just takes more patience than skill. I am sure my friends and I could do it, we are all mechanics.

Top Bottom