WesleyGator

Feb 9, 2004
Does anyone know about how much it is to ship a bike? Where do you get it shipped? How do you package it? Thanks ya'll! The reason I'm asking is cuz I found a bike I want that's 500 miles away...I want to know if it would be cheaper to ship it rather than taking a trip to get it and spending money on gas, a hotel, and putting 1k miles of wear on my truck. Thanks ya'll!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
You might ask the person that has the bike and ask if they can build a crate. If they can deliver the crate to Yellow Freight(or someone that is "local"). The cost will be about $200. I not, FORWARD AIR rents crates and they charge about $350 includung crate.

WesleyGator

Feb 9, 2004
thanks for the info!

let's see... my truck gets about 19 mpg... 1000 divided by 19 is about 52 gallons...with the price of 1.60 a gallon that would be 83 bucks for gas. Then a cheap hotel room would be another 40 bucks...maybe 30.

The total would be about 120 bucks to go down there and get it. It might be worth just putting the 1k on my truck and wasting a weekend....I'd save a few hundred bucks anyway.

Feb 13, 2004
hi live in newjersey and i shipped my bike form here to missouri and I used ALLIED shipping company and it costed $545.and that included crating and they came right to my house and picked it up

Top Bottom