ice_88

Jan 30, 2005
i was wondering if its wise to spend above 3,000 on a new bike? if you havent ridden befor?

also i wanted a 2 stroke but im getting a 4 because apparently there easer to handle (less aggressive)
but i was thinking, if you learn on a harder bike and get used to the power, wouldent you be a better rider in the end? or would learning on a 4 then stepping up too a 2 after? (or never buying a 2 :think: )

what do you think?

:yeehaw:

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I think your in the wrong forum. However, I think spending $3000 on a first bike is fine as long as you know you are going to spend some time riding and won't just give it up after a couple of months. A 4 stroke is going to cost you considerably more money than a comperable 2 stroke. True, there is more low end grunt (translated to smoother roll-on power), but riding a 125 2 stroke isn't very hard. If you want a 2 stroke, don't let someone else talk you out of it. Buy what you want, not what someone else wants you to buy.

ice_88

Jan 30, 2005
i wish itwhere that simpler, im 14 so its my parent talking me out of a 2 stroke saying its much better for me to have a 4 :bang:

as i aid i realy wanted a 2 but right now all im consernd about is getting a bike ;)

:yeehaw:

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Well, any bike is better than no bike at all. Tell them that the 4 stroke is going to cost more up front and will cost a little more in the long run for maintenance. If they are dead set on the 4 stroke, then get the 4 stroke. They are both great bikes in their own way. When I was about your age, the only bike I could get was a free KD100M (1972 I think) that I got from a neighbor. That bike was the biggest POS ever, but I really enjoyed having a bike (when I was able to ride it).

Milhaus

Jan 26, 2005
what r u planning to do? race? trails?
More info will get you more reply's.
For trails, it really doesnt matter, but I'd probably get the 4. For racing, the 2.

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
yea, tell them about the maintenence thing. And also should something go wrong in the engine you'll usually have to replace a lot more stuff in a 4 stroke which will, no matter what, translate to more $.

Top Bottom