psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
I could be wrong on this, but isn't 750ml the total amount of tranny fluid required? When you change the oil there is some oil left in the engine, so if you add in 750ml, you'll actually end up with more than 750ml in the tranny. I have an 02 YZ250. I open the weep hole and fill it til it leaks out. That's what my manual says to do.

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
The correct amount to refill my 04 YZ250 is 750ML, and the 03 engine is the same. Dont use the check hole to refill, because it starts to poor the oil out around 400ML , and thats too low.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Always error on the high side. My bike calls for 750 but I usually put in 800 at least. I know some guys that dump in a whole quart.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
To much oil can cause as many problems as too little. Most likely, too much will cause a power loss due to the mechanicals swimming in the stuff. Drain it well and put in what it says. It'll work out about right. Remember, oil drains out more easily (and quickly) if it is warm. Also, loosening the filler plug will speed up the flow. In order to completely drain it, I usually go do something else while it drains.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
So how come the service manuals say to fill it until oil starts dripping out of the check screw. Thats how I fill my bike. I will definately measure out the required amount and pour that in and see if when it starts to drip out of the check screw, how much oil is left over if any from the required amount.

Top Bottom