How often do you ride?

• Total voters

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I haven't found a poll like this posted, so here goes...

Since getting my bike, I'm finding I like to ride at least once per week, even if its just in a field down the street. I hate letting the bike sit longer than that, is this normal? :)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I didn't vote because I ride about every other week. So that's about twice a month. I would like to ride more, but can't seem to find the time.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I put less than once per month, because since I got my KE100 I cant ride it until my dad is with me beacuse I dont have my bike liscence and the insurance and tags are in his name. : ( He never feels like chasing me around after gettin up at 4am and gettin home from work at like 7pm on a good day. Weekends are usually out, because they're devoted to helping him work on his truck project (a rolledv8 dodge, altough his Dakota is runnin fine and so is the plow truck) and tearing apart the old JD 350 (ugh, boys and their "projects"). And my moms home during the day watching my sister's bf's daughter (14 mos). No more sneaking it out during the day like when I had the YZ80. That will change soon though, because I'm goin for my road test the 4th, and I have half the money to get my truck on the road, dad's paying the first insurance payment of rmy b-day, the 11th, then Im sellin the KE and getting a 125. Then it will be just loadin 'er up and riding like hell. CAN'T WAIT!! (Although I'm sure that dad will try and talk me into getting an ATV (not happening by the way), proving the point on how dangerous MX is, while once a week theres a story in the local paper about a child flipping an ATV, sometimes even without a helmet!!) OK, my rant is done. =P

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
darringer said:
I didn't vote because I ride about every other week. So that's about twice a month. I would like to ride more, but can't seem to find the time.

The gap has been fixed.

I usually get out 3 times a month.

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
I try to hit the trails every other weekend. At least half a day, and sometimes all day. I try to get out of the house by 6:30am or so on Saturday and be back home by 1 or 2. That way I'm not away from my family too much. I have a 3 year old, and the only time I really get to spend time with him is on the weekends. Plus there're always thos naggin chores.

This summer I'll be riding my trials bike every Wednesday night after work with the local club. I'll also hit the weekend events when I can.

So, it's looking like at least once per week for me!

Mag

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I ride pretty much once per week as long as the weather is nice... I wish I could ride 2-3 times per week, but I have to drive at least 1 hour to get to any of the riding areas around me... Just don't have time for it during the week...

- B

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Every day actually. ;)

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
I usually ride once a week on a Saturday or Sunday. If I could I'd ride everyday for sure. Now that the tracks are opening up around here I might get some weeknight riding in so maybe twice a week.
If I go up to my cabin on the weekends I ride pretty much the whole weekend or until I can't hold on anymore.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I didn't see any "once or twice a year" selections. :laugh:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Since we started having kids (3 & 2 years old now), my riding has been reduced to less than once a month. Getting better as the kids get older, though.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
My finger didn't always point that way!

I used to ride every day, even if only in the front yard, until I dislocated my ring finger, right hand, at the middle knuckle. My wife thought I was kidding when I said "Pull my finger!" ;)
Them sidewalks are a tough obstacle! :|
No more drinking beer and doing wheelies in the front yard for me (accoring to my wife anyay). :laugh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
a454elk said:
Every day actually. ;)

Thanks Elk.........thanks for rubbing it in! :debil:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
There wasn't a selection for "Not often enough" so I chose less than twice a week but more than once a month....or whatever that says! That's my ultimate goal anyway...got out on the bike for the first time since October this past weekend, on virgin trails, and it sucked (since I'm a crappy rider!) and I only got 5 miles in!

Hopefully I can go again soon, I need the practice!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
At least once per week if not more during the silly RED :bang: sticker season (Sept-May) here in California... During the summer I'm always out hunting for the spots that won't get me in trouble w/ the law :nener: (usually try to ride once per month)

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
CspineRider said:
I try to ride at least once a week depending on the weather. It's getting hot now in SoCal.
I'm going to try and not let the weather stop me this summer. Its all about conditioning and hydration. I may avoid temps of 100° or above though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom