How often do you ride?

• Total voters

SoCalMatt

Dec 8, 2004
Im a once a week but atleast twice a month guy lately. its tougher with a 1 year old at home. As far as the SoCal heat, get a Camelbak, its amazing how much better you feel and longer you can ride when hydrated. Also, ride as fast as you can at all times so you get a breeze going. 5th gear pinned baby! :laugh:

kxguy967

Damn Yankees
Feb 16, 2005
i guess im luckier than i thought. after listening to you guys say you have no place to ride around u i didnt realize i had it so good. on the opposite side of the road i have a hilly type flat track where the only jumps are hills. and then my two door down neighbor has a full blown mx track in his yard that i can use whenever, then my 3 door down neighbor has a very tight and difficult hare scramble track. i ride 2-3 times a week. every other month or so my neighbor with the mx track throws a riding bbq and that place gets jammin. im luckier than i thought.

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
My son and I always ride at least every other sunday(I have a daughter that is 5,and my wife works every other weekend)As son as my daughter is a little taller, she gets a 50, and then it will be almost every weekend!! :nod:

xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
ever since i started racing alot and traveling, i pretty much only ride on race days. It boost my confidence when im schooling guys who ride alot during the week.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
I try to ride twice a week. I usually go to the track once during the week and a few of my friends have their own private MX tracks, so we usually hit one of those tracks up on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
For about 1 month I rode every single day. Then the 2nd month I had my bike I rode about 5 times a week. Then I got a job and I havent been riding as much. I really need to go riding more often, gotta practice for my first race in a few weeks! :D

Eh, actually I guess I ride every single day now as well. I ride to school and work. The above statement was about trail riding.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I would like to get out every weekend but it never seems to happen that way. Three out of every four weekends when the weather cooperates.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
All of our answers here will be, "not enough."

wrong on that, i have a gravel pit thats just outside of town, i ride pretty much every day after work/school. theres also a track not too far away that a kid and his dad made that i go to alot.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I thought I'd update mine since I'm graduating from University in a little over a week. As soon as I get home (probably in about 2 weeks, maybe less) my goal is to ride atleast 3-4 days a week. I work Monday to Friday, so I'll just have to squeak in some evening rides, plus ride every weekend. It should be a good summer!

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Once a week - maybe twice depending on the weather. However, I don't ride in the winter. Racing is another story - as much as I can if I'm not injured and I can get a lift to the track since my trusty van is no longer trusty. Need to get that resolved.

Thanks for asking!

Mar 16, 2007
throwing a question in this thread, do you think riding once a week (every saturday) is riding alot? that a decent amount of riding to practice and get good? I have recently gotten into bmx so that I can get more practice even though its bmx it is similiar. and the bmx track is down the street while the mx track is about 2 hours away. This way I can hit the mx track once a week, and the bmx track once a week. Just that much more practice. I was also thinking if I had a dualsport bike I could just get that much more practice on my bike to and from work.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom