How often should oil be changed in my yz426f

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
i would think probably every hour...correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats what it is.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
outlawgrafyx said:
i would think probably every hour...correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats what it is.

thats a little much unless your racing, like said above. if your just riding around trails and pits every few rides. dont forget to change the oil filter to. id invest in a reusable oil filter.

Last edited:

Cameron122192

Feb 12, 2008
m4i2k2e2 said:
thats a little much unless your racing, like said above. if your just riding around trails and pits every few rides. dont forget to change the oil filter to. id invest in a reusable oil filter.
Thanks but when you use reusable oil filters how do you clean them :think:

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
im sure they sell a cleaning chemical or something were the sell the reusable oil filters.

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Cameron122192 said:
No I mean when I am changing oil how do I clean the filter out

Hmm.. well, since they are just a stainless steel mesh, I'd use some sort of solvent to clean them with.

Say Gasoline, Kerosene or something similar. Perhaps Brake Cleaner.

Then, blow it out really well with an air compressor, from the inside out.

But, that's just how I'd do it. I could be wrong.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
IndyMX said:
Hmm.. well, since they are just a stainless steel mesh, I'd use some sort of solvent to clean them with.

Say Gasoline, Kerosene or something similar. Perhaps Brake Cleaner.

Then, blow it out really well with an air compressor, from the inside out.

But, that's just how I'd do it. I could be wrong.

yea, i just looked around a a bit. i didnt find any cleaning kits or chemicals you can buy so, id go with indy.

not to hijack the thread but, are they worth buying? do they hold up for a while. my cousin was thinking about one for his bike.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
matt_tmc said:
for the price of a new oil filter is it really worth it???

The OEM Honda filter is 9 bucks. The average cost I have seen the stainless mesh filters is about 20 bucks (without a fancy cover). 3 filter changes and it's paid for itself.

I'd have to say it well worth it.

Top Bottom