How Q is TurbineCore Q 2? Part 1

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I decided to take some sound measurements on my '96 CR500. I installed the FMF TurbineCore QII a couple of months back and didn't notice much of a change with my ear.

So, off to Rampart Range for a nice Sunday morning ride. I also wanted to measure the temperature of the exhaust system, so along with my noise meter, I brought an infra-red temp gun.

The temp gun doesn't work on shiny metal surfaces, so I put on some masking tape in key areas. Note to self: what an idiot. That lasted about 3 minutes, after 496cc's of combustion motivated machinery warmed up. Duuuuhhhh. So I removed what was left of the tape, with the exception of the bit at the tail end of the silencer.

After a quick 1.5 hr ride, the silencer reached 151F.

For the noise testing, I fired up the beast and let it idle (as long as it could w/o idle circuit). With slow response measuring and about 10' directly in back of the bike, I registered a cool 86 dBA. Not as bad as I thought. I will do more extensive testing next weekend and post the results. Just found it interesting.

Also, I bought some exhaust wrap to do the pipe. Then I'll test the temps at silencer again, as well as noise.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
No, the one that I bought with the bike back in January of this year was an Answer unit. I didn't think of testing it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom