billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
I am working through some jetting issues. I inspected my reeds for chips, wear, etc.. Could not see any. However, I did notice that one of the reeds was curled up very slightly, maybe a millimeter or so. It was enough to allow light from a flashlight to shine through slightly in that area. Is this a problem? What type of symptoms would this produce? Thanks.

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
Thanks. It has gotten harder to start lately. Think I have a lean condition off idle/Pilot circuit right now.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That large of a gap in the reeds will definetly cause hard starting. Get new reeds before you mess with the jetting.

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
Thanks for the advice. On initial inspection the reeds looked ok, however after looking at them very closely, there are a couple areas that look like they are starting to crack/delaminate. Also, one of the reeds is rubbing the retainer to the point it has worn the surface to a dull finish. I"ll put new reeds on soon and check it out.

I see you are in Southern NY. I grew up riding and racing in that area from 73-81. Used to race at Avoca, Dansville, Zoar, Victor and some others. I don't think those places are still around, good memories though. Unadilla trips were great in the late '70s also.

Thanks for your help..

Top Bottom