How to find year of manufacture of motor

DeanMcr

Jan 2, 2010
Hi, I have a cr125r, supposedly 2005. The frame VIN identifies it as a 2005 but the motor VIN was scrapped off so I can't read it. If there is another way to tell the year of the motor or could help me, that would be great.
Thanks. :bang:
PS I can upload pics if needed

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have to assume that Honda switched to the electric exhaust valve in 02, at least on the 250. That was the only change that I know of 02 to the end. American Honda is real helpful on putting dates on some of the casing marks. Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
DeanMcr said:
Hi, I have a cr125r, supposedly 2005. The frame VIN identifies it as a 2005 but the motor VIN was scrapped off so I can't read it.

The frame vin # and the engine vin # should be the same unless the engine has been changed.
Why was the engine # tampered with? Is it stolen?

DeanMcr

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys. I don't know why it was tampered with. The guy I bought it from doesn't know either but it could be the original motor for the bike. I don't know much about bikes, this is my first one. I was going about changing the piston when I realised the motor in the manual was not the same as was on the bike.
I believe they changed they motor in 2005??
Here is the VIN #, maybe I'm getting it all wrong. JH9JE01A65M901183
All I can see on the motor is JE01E.
I don't think it was stolen, but maybe somebody changed the motor and wanted to hide the year?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Sure hope you have a manual for that bike. It is probably an 05 engine also, or about the same for sure. They did not change from 02 to 07, or when ever they wimped out of selling them. Now you are going to get some pics of these missing parts? Like you had to pay extra for all the parts? Someone you know? Vintage Bob

DeanMcr

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks again for the replies, can anybody tell how to upload some pics on here? I went to manage attachments down below the reply box but its coming up as file too large!!

Last edited:

DeanMcr

Jan 2, 2010
:| :| :|

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom