how to get into racing

I've been riding for a year and change I live in CT where the causual off roader is hard to come by, I ride on my grandfathers farm in maryland and everytime i visit i improve. I was wondering what the best way to begin racing is and what i need to get started. My bike is an '03 XR100 thanks for your help

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
There are Harescramble races in CT, which by the way would be a good choice of racing for a XR100. In MX, the XR100 is a bike without a class. I guess you could race the 2-stroke 85's with the XR but the XR will get spanked.

Do you keep your bike in Maryland? If you do there are many tracks in MD & PA. All you need now is Dad (or Grand Dad) to haul your bike to the track of choice. Are they willing to help you?

my son just had his first race on a XR100 about a month ago. They let him ride in the 65cc class because it was his first race and of his age (10). I will be stepping him up to a CR85 in the spring. Good luck!

What exactly are the different types of choices for motorcycle cmpetition. I already know about enduros, trials, MX, AX, and SX because of the bike choices i looked at before getting my YZ80. But what exactly is a hare scramble? Is it like and enduro with out time checkpionts? And what is there to race in besides motocross with my bike? I live in, i think, AMA district 34, but im not sure. I live about 1 hour form albany New York. There are only 2 MX tracks nearby(1hour dirive), which are unadilla, and thunder ridge. But i want to wait until i get a bigger bike to start MX because i'm 15 and out of class.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees