How to get the bike really clean>?

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Alright guys ive been trying to figure out a way to get my bike really clean.. I dont have a pressure washer just a normal hose. Is their any secrets you guys use to get the bikes looking good?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Brillo pads are really good at getting the dirt out of the cuts in plastic.

If you spray armor all (some use WD40, I think) on the plastic, the dirt and oil don't stick as well. I spray the armor all on the insisde of the side panels and it keeps them from staining as bad.

kawicam125

Uhhh...
Mar 14, 2006
purple power and bleche-white work exceptionally well on plastic and aluminum or steel or whatever kind of metal you have on your bike. the only place you cant use them is on your rims or painted frames.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
AnTs said:
Can i get armor all at any store?

Any automotive place - Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc . . . - its the stuff people use to shine the dash in their car and stuff. Wal Mart has it too.

The best thing I've found for motors and other metal parts in that area is brake cleaner in an aerosol spray bottle - but keep it on the metal - I suppose it could mess up your plastic or graphics.

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Try Plexus, It's a plastic cleaner, and it works wonders !!! You should be able to get it at your local dealer.Aluminum acid works really good on the engine(but don't use it on your wheels,they turn kind of black) but it will polish off!!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
kawicam125 said:
bleche-white work exceptionally well on plastic and aluminum or steel or whatever kind of metal you have on your bike. the only place you cant use them is on your rims or painted frames.

Great stuff that Wesley's BW. Use a scrub brush or scotch brite for the really tough scuffs. Soft Scrub cleanser works great too if nothing else will remove a scuff mark in plastic.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Hit all the built up dirty spots with the power washer first, then........with bike wet, spray with squirt bottle full of 50/50 Simple Green/water (walmart), hit with power washer again........no need to scrub! Lube chain, perches, kick starter, peg and shifter pivots......make sure air filter is clean and dry........rock and roll.

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Yeah i need some stuff to get the oil off my engine, dont ask me where it came from but theirs only a little bit... Also since i ride a 2smoker theirs oil that comes out teh muffler a little that drips on my swingarm..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom