Sharko

Sep 28, 2002
How can I identify the year a KDX was manufactured ? The bike has flat box section lower frame (by footpegs) & tubeular upper frame is this a perimeter frame ? it has USD forks... is there a website I can get info from the frame number....finally does a rattle in the engine indicate a failing kips valve ?

excuse my ignorance T I A

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Sharko, you've got a 92/93 KDX. Check out http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ - check the timeline.
You won't be able to tell from www.buykawasaki.com as the VIN thing only works on US bikes.
There will be a number on the frame you can work it out from, but I can only tell you the later H model years, sorry. You could check with a dealer over here, they should be able to tell you.
The noise is probably just a KDX noise. Try adding more oil to the tranny & see if that helps - if so, it's just the KDX trait.

Sharko

Sep 28, 2002
Thanks Michelle on the time line the bike looks like the 1991-94 kdx 250 ?? could be a bitzer....I now have the chassis # JKADXMD17MA002281 can any one positively ID this model

TIA

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
it's a 1991 model, couldn't tell you displacement however..
serial number 002281

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Check the side of the barrel for the displacement.

Also check the Japanese site listen in my post about SR models as it has the engine and frame numbers for each year.

Sharko

Sep 28, 2002
OK the bike is a KDX 250 1991...little bit different to the advertised 93 kdx 200 !! ......I prefer the 200 & so will keep looking thanks for the help.......... this site rocks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom