How to shine up my pipe?

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I have an FMF Gnarly on my bike, but it seems rather dull comapred to others. It's still all silvery looking, but not all lovely and mirror shiny like some of the other pipes. There also apears to be rusty spots on it.... or something dark, especially where it has been dented in a little. Does anybody know if a way to make my pipe a little nicer looking?

2fiddyEXC2T

May 4, 2008
maybe try some metal polish and a scourer or something?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I used steel wool and PB Blaster to clean my last neglected pipe. It worked a little better than any other I've tried. Once you get all the staining and discoloration off you can go to work with the metal polish. You will need the XL tub of elbow grease.

This on was really tarnished when I got it, I'll dig for some before pics.......

Attachments

• RM Pipe.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 110

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I always used Mother's polish on my Pro Circuit pipe I had on my CR.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Mother's is what I use also. This is the only pic I can find of that bike before it was cleaned up but you can see from this shot the color of the pipe, it all looked like that........

Attachments

• Farm Beater.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 99

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Allright. I was thinknig of the steel wool.... but I was afraid that it would scratch the heck outta my pipe. I wasn't sure if the shiny on it was a chrome plating that I would eventually scrub off, then have a REAL mess on my hands.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The plating should be very, very difficult to scrub through. The one in the pics was a Bill's Pipe. I would start on an area you won't be able to see in case there should be an issue.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…