How to stop headshake on acceleration bumps?

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
On my new CR250, I was tearing up a trail and noticed that when I hit bumps while accelerating, teh front end twitches. How can I stop this?

------------------
2001 CR250

S

Saratoga

One way is to mount a Scotts steering dampner. Complete kit will run you a cool $650 by the time it is installed. Dampners are very effective but expensive.

Less costly is to tune the suspension (including sag) and lengthening the wheelbase.

------------------
So much dirt, so little time.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
YOu might want to try speeding up the rebound a little (softer).

------------------
JTT
"Character is like a tree, and reputation is like it's shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, but the tree...the tree is the real thing."
Abe Lincoln

DKT735

Sponsoring Member
Mar 16, 2000
Try playing with increasing and decreasing the compression damping. Remember to first have your base line compression and rebound damping settings WRITTEN DOWN ON PAPER so you can always go back to it.

Also what is your race sag set at. Try setting it at 4 inches then progressively less to see if that helps.

------------------

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
In hard condtions you will need to soften the compression and soften rebound. The chassis changes are well advised as well. IF you head shake in soft condtions, with rounded bumps you add compression.

Regards,
Jer

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
As your accelerating the weight is transfering to the back and your frt. end will get light. Try raising your forks which will put weight on the frt. end and help the headshake.

doc

Top Bottom