Nevertheless

Jul 1, 2003
Hey all you experienced DRN'ers:

I'm new to this.
How can I tell if I'm a Spode?
Is it a good thing to be a Spode?
Or is it like a dirtbike version of a Squid?
Do I WANT to be a Spode? Would I brag about it?
Do I have to take a test? Is it multiple choice?
Would I put a "SPODE" sticker on my minivan?
(Would I HAVE a minivan? yes, "Sylvia", the stealth van)
Do I get a "Spode" endorsement on my license?
Does it qualify me for any discounts? More than AARP?
Is there an archive for Spode criteria?
----nevertheless (aka Rraven929, DOD #1843)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
litmus test for spode:

do you ride a bike?
do you ride a bike faster than everyone else? (in your dreams)
do you constantly daydream about riding a bike?
do you start sentences with "Back when I was younger"?
do you like to hang out wth others who ride bikes?
do you spend much of your working time in bike related forums?
do you plan your vacation and calendar holidays around riding bikes?
do you crash often when riding bikes?
do you talk smack to others who ride bikes?
do you buy new bike related items even though you had new last year?
do you wear GWBs? :eek:

if you answered "YES" to more than two of these then you would qualify as a "spode". Just hope you never make it to "Gomer" status. ;)

B

biglou

That is one of the spodeliest moves ever caught on film. Aspiring spodes should study it. Commit it to memory. So much detail to absorb in that photo: The cloud of dust. The last, desperate lunge for the bars. Still reaching in pure defiance of the inevitable even as the ground is removing the skin from his back. Brings a tear to my eye, I tell ya... :thumb:

:laugh:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
That is one of the spodeliest moves ever caught on film. Aspiring spodes should study it. Commit it to memory. So much detail to absorb in that photo: The cloud of dust. The last, desperate lunge for the bars. Still reaching in pure defiance of the inevitable even as the ground is removing the skin from his back. Brings a tear to my eye, I tell ya... :thumb:

:laugh:

Just because it reminds you of your last trip to Merwin :laugh:

Nevertheless

Jul 1, 2003
YES!!!
According to the definition I AM a Spode, I have far more enthusiasm than talent for riding dirtbikes. My only claim to fame is I've been doing it for a long time. I have actually owned and ridden a 1968 Ossa 250 Pioneer. Such a relief, to know I'm not the only Spode.

I looked at the truespode.jpg. Excellent, very fine.
Also, realize that someone was standing RIGHT THERE to take that picture.
Which makes me think the Spode was intending to show off, maybe do a little wheelie for the fans at home. Instead what got captured was da agony of da feet.

Reminds me of one of those jokes ...you know you're a redneck if you have a relative who has died after saying "Hey Y'all, Watch this !! "
-Joanne
(see you next week at DW3....when you wonder why that KTM200EXC is going so slow, that's me.)

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
If this is the only photo you have of yourself on your dirtbike...

faf4e632.jpg

You might be a spode..

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
If this is the only photo you have of yourself on your dirtbike
psssst Dave, no ones on that bike :laugh:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by bsmith

psssst Dave, no ones on that bike :laugh:

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!! LOL A split second before there was though! If you look closely, you'll see my last ditch effort to give it a little more gas to make it up the hill without me on it.. Quite amusing!!!! At least the ones who were standing around laughing at me thought so!!! :laugh:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"At least the ones who were standing around laughing at me thought so!!! "

Laughing right up to the point of the Spodes Revenge attempt to destroy Spode eveidence and whitness???? No, that would require unspodley control and planning. :) .
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/pics/Paragon/midsizepics/Dave3.jpg
<a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/pics/Paragon/midsizepics/Dave3.jpg">Picture This!</a>
The trail is dat a wa.... ohhhhhHHH SH.....
A spode scoldes his equipment, as failed negotioaton of terrain is never the fault of a Spode,,, in the mind of the Spode anyway...... :) .
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/pics/Paragon/midsizepics/Dave2.jpg

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by JasonJ
The trail is dat a wa.... ohhhhhHHH SH.....
A spode scoldes his equipment, as failed negotioaton of terrain is never the fault of a Spode,,, in the mind of the Spode anyway...... :)

Does this mean I can't be a spode? :( I knew it was totally my fault, but I must say if the darn bike knew that I was such a poor hill climber, maybe it wouldn't have let me even try that hill.. TWICE no less!!! Darn Kawasaki's they are stubborn bikes... lol

I'd forgotton about those other pics... :o At least I was somewhat vertical in all of them.. even if the bike wasn't lol

Top Bottom