Pchild

Nov 10, 2004
I just bought a 2002 KDX 200 in show room quality for $2400 bucks, quite a steal I belive. The guy was out of work and hurting for money, funny how a wad of cash makes the price drop some.

Anyway, now that I'm done buying my riding gear I'm thinking about mods. I've read this forum up and down comparing parts, mods ect.

I think I'm going to go with the FMF Gnarly Woods Pipe, and to this point I'm still unsure about a tip, perhaps I'll leave my stock silencer on it for a while, untill I can get some better information.

I also hear people talking about "Jetting" their bikes. I read the Jetting section of the main page, but it kind of went over my head. I'm not that good of a machanic. Plus you have to ride the bike with a new plug for every test? Am I missing something here? Is it as hard as it sounds...

Second would be suspension, I weigh about 210 Lbs, about 6'1" To be honest this has the nicest suspension I've ever ridden on any bike. I've had bikes since I was 10 years old (I'm 24 now) but they have always been old crappy bikes with BLOWN out suspensions... The rear feels Nice to me, but I can see the front being alittle bouncy. I do mostly woods riding, trails, ect very little Moto Cross, or Super cross riding. I will get some air if I find a place in the woods to get some, but HARDLY ever am I going to go to a moto track. Suggestions on suspension mods to the front? Prices? Parts I should look into, difficulty of the mod?

I guess thats it for now, I like the site, good work guys. Just saying Hi, and look forward to your tips.

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
Welcome to the KDX world! This is lotsa fun :yeehaw:

You're on the right track with mods on your bike. Do one thing at a time, ride it so you can tell the differences, and then go find something else to play with.

Re: front forks - do a search for XR400 fork springs. For 60-70 bucks you can replace the springs & oil, and be happy. Jeff Fredette (FRPoffroad.com) also sells replacement springs. You can add something like "Gold Valves", but IMO just do the springs as a first step - that might be all you need.

Happy riding!

Jeff

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom