Hurricane Gus

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mafols
junkjeeps

who else is down there?!?!?!?!?

check in and tell us if you need anything!

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Doing alright Tony. No electricity, generator power only. Kinda like being at the camp fulltime. I've talked with Mafols thru text messaging, phone lines are sketchy at best. Melissa had to work at the hospital so he stayed at his house. I went about an hour north to Amite and stayed there. Had about a 60 ft pine tree fall on the driveway and punch a 2 ft hole in it. Counted the rings and it was about 50-60 year old tree. Shook the whole house when it dropped.

Overall not as bad as Katrina, but it's not over yet. People are starting to come back now. That's when the fun starts. They've already got people asking for FEMA freebies and handouts. I'm sure you'll get to see some on the news - you might not, just remembered, no TV.

I've got to go back to work tomorrow, so I'll fill you in more then.

Mark

rossim22

Jul 19, 2008
Glad everything's alright over there. Could have been a LOT worse if it stayed a 4. Now we have Hanna, Ike, and Josephine to worry about over here in SW Florida.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Got electricity back on Friday afternoon and spent the weekend picking up limbs and debris. I didn't have nearly the mess I had after Katrina. Fairly close to normal in my area. Stores are reopening and no more lines at the gas station. I'm not sure about Mafols area, they were hit worse than me. He should have electricity by now though. Gotta keep an eye on Ike now though. Hopefully he'll keep south of us and go south of the border. I'm not looking to evacuate again quite so soon.

Mark

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…