Husky carb size?

Mike Egan

Dec 31, 2001
Anybody got any thoughts regarding a 41mm Keihin FCR carb into a '99 Husky TE410. Was fitted to a Klx650 which has been onsold and ended up with the carb left over. Can't decide if i would be giving myself all sorts of issues regarding starting, bore wash etc.
also looking for any manuals, info,advice that might be available -
euro bikes are still a bit frowned on in little old New Zealand.
Sorry for my ranting but new to this forum thing and would appreciate any input

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I believe the carb is too big for your needs. That Husky engine is really an enduro engine and does not rev to 13,000 RPM. If I remember correctly, the ports and valves will not support a carb that large. I seem to remember 37mm or so as about the right size.

Chris

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
I know that some people have used the FCR41 in europe on the TE400.But as Cujet says this engine is'nt a rever.The standard throat size is 36mm if possible I wouldn't go bigger than a 37mm FCR. 41mm is just too much a throat size if you used the 610 inlet stub there is no prblem in matching up tho.The TE400 single cam engine has a very mild camshaft & smallish valves.Even last week I was talking to a tuner about the new DOHC SMR/TE 450 titanium valved Husky (Not widely available yet -None in USA) & the German/French & Brit Tuners are finding the valves are too small for power.The bike can't compete with the CRF yet untill they can get bigger valves.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…