Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Jeff,
Can you elaborate on the failures? Also do you know if the motor in the LC is the Beta or the Morini motor. I thought they were using one of those motors.
On the air bike you can get them to about 9hp fairly relaiable with some Cobra parts.

Thanks,
Jason

raider

May 31, 2001
I also picked up an '02 LC in March and have had a lot of reliability problems with it. There is no question the motor rips and I think it will run with or past any of the other 50's out there when it's running right. We have cracked the frame three times and each time my dealer has fixed it and tried to get Husky to send us a new frame but was not successful. We have broken the pipe once. We replaced the stock 39 tooth rear sprocket with a 41 tooth and the tourque from the motor actually ripped the rear hub apart. Fortunately, Husky sells just the hub which was not an expensive piece (we have a friend with a KTM who had the same thing happen and had to order a complete wheel just to get the hub).

Overall we have mixed feelings, the motor is very impressive but they definitely have some bugs to work out.

Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
Raider and Jasle:

My experience sounds a lot like Raider's. My son also blew out a rear hub - definitely not built strong enough for the torque this motor (Morini) puts out. We've repaired a cracked frame, cracked pipe twice, clutch side cover leaks oil because there's no bearing for kick start shaft - it just rides in the aluminum case with a seal, replaced clutch shoes twice and clutch hub once, complete engine rebuild because when the bike gets hot the air box warps and if you don't really slop the grease on the back of the flat air filter it will suck sand and dirt and ruin the engine.

My dealer (Hall's Husqvarna - Spfld, IL) has been great about standing behind the bike, but if I had to pay the full price for keeping it on the track, it would have been about $1600 for maintenance/repairs for one season.

Top Bottom