KtmRacer51

Apr 18, 2002
Looking for some advice on a new hydration system. Current one needs replacing and didn't hold enough liqiud. It was a moose drink sytem that attached to chest protector. I need more volume and something that works well with a chest protector. Thanks guys.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
The CB that the Army issued me works great, the Thermoback 3L. Pack it full of ice and fill, keeps the water cold all day. Of course I am the only one that brings one do it's drained pretty quick :|

Phillip

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I have the Camelback Mule, it works well with the Fox airframe, has a lower attachment and upper, as well as fully adjustable. Also it holds copius amounts of water. :thumb:

KingKabong

Aug 30, 2002
I just used my Camelback MULE for the first time this weekend, I love it! It has pockets, since my riding pants don't... holds 100oz of water. Has a nice large filler hole. It has chest and waist straps. I don't have a chest protector, so I can't comment on how it fits with one.

ZEKEDAWG

Oct 14, 2002
I have a camelbak Cloudwalker holds 70 oz of water( haven't drained it yet) and has 1200 cubic inches of space in 2 pouches. I can carry anything I want. Small pack fishing rods, tackle, tevas, shorts, lunch and tools with room to spare. Friends have the MULE and the HAWG they are nice but in my opinion have to many frivilous pockets. they are too small to hold much.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I also have the camelbak which holds 70oz, it's the first one I've bought and really like it. I use it over my chest protector and it works fine. Good luck. I bought mine through ebags.com I think out of San Diego for $30.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Wal Mart has an insulated brand that they sell in the hunting section with pockets and a 70 oz bladder for a little under $30.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I've got a Platypus(sp) I chose it over the the CB's because the bladder was made of more durable plastic, the pack itself is quite rugged, and as comforatable as a full bag of water can be. :confused:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I got mine from Target. 70oz, 1 zipper pocket, 1 mesh pocket, for $12. Had it for over 1 year and works well with the Airframe CP. And has taken numerous hits and the bladder hasn't busted yet.

TooTall

Nov 6, 2000
My son ordered one from a MTB catalog. It's a K2 and he paid around $20 for the thing. Overall good quality with a mesh pocket and holds 70oz. I've had the Camelbak Classic for years and it still works great. Don't know if I'd buy another one though.....don't they (Camelbak) support the Eco Nazis???

TT

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
don't they (Camelbak) support the Eco Nazis???

They support anyone who will buy their product. I browsed their website a whil e back and they were sponsors for ISDE and other dirt-bike specific events.

I have the CB Lobo, perfect for plugs and a wrench, plenty of water and you can pack in other stuff as necessary.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
You can get the cleaning kit from CB, I don't remember how much it cost but it's reasonable. However you can find brushes that are the diameter of the drink tube, then it's just a soulution of bleach and soapy warter to clean.

Good Luck,
Phillip

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
The local mountain bike shop in town has good deals on CB stuff and cleaning kits. I think its about 20 bucks to the brushes and hangers.

Top Bottom