buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I'm just curious as to why the pro's wouldn't use hydraulic clutches seeing as how you don't have to adjust them like you do normal clutches? Seems to me that it'd be easier to put a hyd. clutch on a bike than to have to adjust it often during a major race. Does it have to do w/the factory rule or is it because of the feel?

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
I agree with Bodge, if you crash and damage your slave cyl. your screwed. I like the peformance of the hydraulic clutches but I sure would hate to be in the middle of the woods or desert and have clutch failure.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Yeah, I can see that, but you can break a regular clutch as well. I think you'd be just as likely to break the master cylinder as you would the clutch perch. In either case, it's not going to be fun.

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
I ride bikes with hydraulic clutches since March 1996 and a not a single failure happened in all that years. These arguments are heard often and it is propably the reason why people shy away from the hydraulic, but I am pretty sure the same was said about hydraulic brakes when they were introduced on dirtbikes. Is there anyone out there converting his brakes to cable-operated units?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i dont think the hydraulic clutches have the same feel as cable. the actuation is in or it is out. i have em on street bikes but dont really envy someone on a dirt bike with one. i wish cable could be as effortless the fluid.

Top Bottom