IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I have worked with them for years on M1 tanks. I am kind of curious if any of the bike manufactures have their R&D dept.'s working on them. That way we can kiss all the springs goodbye. The only thing you would have to do to adjust them is add or remove fluid. ;) Rather than change springs and all that. Just a question for all you rocket scientists :cool:
Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
No it's all done with compression. On the Tank it is a resiviour(SP) filled with fluid and a paddle set at the "rest" position E.G. sitting still. As you hit obsicals the paddle compresses the fluid and bingo "shock absortion" a torsion bar acts as the rebound. In bikes I can see the system but the problem is the "paddle" It would have to be a plunger with a bleed or pressure release hole in it to allow the fluid to pass to afford the dampining. I am guessing they will have to have the same setup as rear shocks, a nitrogen piggy back to force the fluid back into the lower portions of the schock for the next whoop or jump.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I kinda fingered this belonged in the "New Tech" forum. I was wrong, a Mod out there thought I was wrong and moved it here. 20 years after the Army came across stuff we finally have access to it.......What do you think ? About the Shocks that is!
Phillip

Last edited:

Mark Hammond

Apr 6, 2000
Suzuki has a rotary damper on their TL range and this is a vane set up it is as hard and harsh as hell and needs alot of work or replacing.
I think that they use this setup on tanks because of the weight , a tank weigh's a good few tons and you would need a serious spring to hold that lot up

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom