jlosier5113

Dec 22, 2008
Hello I just rebuilt a 1993 yz 250. I bought the bike 2 years ago for $50 bucks. It was completely in pieces. After spending 2 summers working on it and much help from a buddy I got the bike running ok. I am not familiar with 2 strokes at all and the carb is giving me a little trouble. When i begin to ride up a small hill it bogs down real bad. What are some proper clip positions for the needle and different things like that to help it not to bog down. PLEASE HELP!!

ron89

Aug 23, 2007
how does your plug look wet?.. umm if you didnt clean the carb good i would give it a good cleaning .. i would think maybe your pilot needs to be messed with cause the neeldle is for mid range i think..

rideduro

Dec 22, 2008
I would check the idle if i were you.
And, are you running it with the choke up possibly?
If u neglected to clean the carb, that will definitely make it bog.
How much smoke is coming out of the tail pipe?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Invest in a service manual for the bike. the service manual should tell you standard jetting - ie what size pilot jet to use, as well as what needle clip position - but for a starting point, put the clip in the middle position. Also, make sure the air filter is clean and not over oiled.....and while you have the carb apart to check jetting, grab some carb clean, and clean up and inspect all the jets . Make certain the silencer is not somehow plugged up.

Top Bottom