I am so happy that Spider has a reputation for being...

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
being the idiot who will try anything.

Today we went out to the track for the first time since Eric was hurt pretty bad in a crash Oct 10th. I was watching him ride the back part of the track on a couple of the bigger jumps then I walked back to the area we were parked by. As I got closer I notice a couple guys standing along the fence in a rhythym section watching something I couldn't quite see. As I got closer One guy looks at me and says you gotta see this. As I watch here comes Eric blasting up out of the valley and hitting the section wide open triple, triple, double, and triple out. After I catch my breath the guy laughs and says that anytime that guy rides thru a section slow 2 or 3 times looking it over the next is going to either be fast or a terrific crash :bang: . I say thanks thats my kid and he just laughs and askes what class he rides. Later one of the other guys came over to me and said that they always watch him on practice days because they know he will experiment with lines until he figures a new section out and that if they can't figure it out they'll talk to him and he will try it because he is the only one with the power and balls to do it or die.
Now I wonder how he survived a summer of open riding practices and I started recalling quite a few crowds gatherring in strange areas when he was out there :think:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just go ahead and change his number to 199 Dave.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:

:ohmy:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Okiewan said:

Sorry Officer, but that's funny.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
No we aren't to the point of the 199 yet
He did make a promise to his mom that brought a sigh of relief- He promised no backflips on skis this season.
Not because it is dangerous but because he is afraid he will get kicked off the hills.
Strange thing is he can usually make his lines happen but it sure does age me a lot faster

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
I ussually take the guy on the sideline aproach. Ill watch the 65 class practice, and find a rider about mid pack level, and then try to do those jumps. :) :ride:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Okiewan said:

:yikes: :laugh:

Top Bottom