boicatr

Feb 15, 2002
its a 99 kdx200, and it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! maybe 400 or 500 miles. the paint isnt even rubbed off yet by the levers, and there's still dimples in the front knobby. Has procircuit pipe and silencer to boot! I've been watching for a while and this was by far the cleanest i've seen. ended up paying about 100 over high book (2700), but its like brand new and w/ aftermarket goodies. hope i did good, but doesnt matter.. I own it now!
This is my first foray into 2 strokes (well...i grew up on a hodaka but that was..well...a while ago.) Been riding my xl350 honda for years and loving it (and love the stroker torque), but wanted something more nimble for the tight single track. had it narrowed down to the kdx (220 preferred), the ktm 200exc, or the klx300 (the 4s in me!).
so here I am, hope you guys and gals have the patience for a lot of dumb questions!!

ted

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
sounds like a pretty good deal to me considering that you got almost $300 of extras with it!:aj: Don't worry about the questions, thats what us, long-time KDX'ers are here for!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Congratulations. You won't be asking dumb questions, but before you do ask any questions, do check out the kdx site & do a search on the forums. One thing I do recommend with these bikes, is buy yourself a spare shifter - not as though it's a problem, but for the simple fact they're wierd & if you do happen to break it (they bend well), you're stuffed unless a shop is nearby. I haven't had it happen to me (but have bent mine), but before I got my bike rode with someone who had his weekend ruined because of breaking his off.

Have fun and hope you enjoy your new bike.
Michelle

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Welcome to the Green Side

Check out this site:
http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/

New bike preparation and things you can learn to make it suit you best is there. Althought it sucks, take the linkage apart now and grease it. Take the steering stem apart and grease and you will have much more life in those areas especially if the previous owner never greased it.

Top Bottom