rudebox

Apr 9, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I did not know that I could change gear when flat out without using clutch ... it was my mate said you can the bikes are designed to do it and my god it better, also using the clutch ALOT more when cornering to get the power down .

Not really a how to but just wanted to share that lol been watching how mx tech video on DVD and online and I can say they are soo helpful I think at the weekend there I rode the bike the way it should have been ridden

Cheers
P :laugh:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yes, you can make tranny shift under power in most bikes. That is NOT how you SHOULD do it however. You should use the clutch, just a quick hit is plenty. It is MUCH easier on the tranny than slamming the gears together under full power. Most trannies are pretty durable so they will take quite a bit of ABUSE but will eventually fail. Shift forks can be bent and gears can wear excessively, even break teeth off. You can imagine what follows a tooth breaking off in the tranny. Unless I was in the front of the pack and there was good money on the line I prefer to use the clutch. I have to pay to fix my stuff.

rudebox

Apr 9, 2007
to be honest I did still find my self using clutch its hard not to use it after using all the time lol

I have to pay for my stuff to so i think if it will wear the gears etc out faster I may stick to the clutch.

Cheers
P

jasonent0613

Apr 20, 2008
i hardly ever use the clutch on my bike.
but i do take the gas off befor i shift and just say it may not want to shift i would use the clutch but that have only happed once that i can remember.

rudebox

Apr 9, 2007
I think its just down to how ya ride ya bike I think I would mix it up abit lol

jasonent0613 my mates Honda CR250 die the other day :( its a great loss it was a monster, the power of dreams is no more :(

Cheers
P

Top Bottom