srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Last night I took my sons out to practice on the track that is having the race this Sunday. This track has several large doubles and two smaller doubles. For the past year I had set a goal for myself thet I would do that double by the end of the racing year this year. It's not really that big compared to the rest. This one is only about 8 feet from peak to peak, and only about two and half feet from top to bottom, but daunting to a beginner like me nonetheless.

My husband had told me he didn't think I was ready to try it. Last night it was just me and the boys and a few other kids on the track. After 3 approach runs I gunned it and flew over the jump. I hit my back wheel on the top of the second jump, but in my mind I cleared it. I went back and did it again, this time I timed it perfectly!!! It was like floating on air!!! I did it a few more times with no problems. I can't wait for my next obstacle!!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome!! Congrats... be careful - it gets addicting!!

Doubles are by far my favorite obstacle on any track!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Sweet! :yeehaw: :thumb:

I can't wait until I can get myself on a real MX track so I can try it out! I was happy when I got two feet of air the other day (height AND distance!). But I guess that's a good accomplishment on my XR...since it weighs like 9000 pounds!

Enough about me...CONGRATULATIONS! :yeehaw: :worship:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
THe first time I tried a double I cased it and smashed my chest into the bars. Needless to say, I haven't tried anything more than tabletops since then!!!

Good Job!!!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Next you'll be ready to attack creek crossings...oh wait you already do them. ;) Sounds like you're more of an mx'er than I'll ever be. :ugg:

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
THe first time I tried a double I cased it and smashed my chest into the bars

Been there, done that, never want to do it again! I figure until my balls grow there is no way I would attempt even a small double. :scream:

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Congratulations!! When a double goes right its as smooth and nice as anything. Makes you want to do more, you can fly!
Waaay better than smashing into the front of the 2nd one....I've done both - once hit so nose down I went over the bars, hit my helmet on my fender, flipped back onto the seat, and was on my way, pretty wild.
-Susan
BBR230

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by The Ant
When a double goes right its as smooth and nice as anything.

I can't believe how smooth it was once I got it down. I've cleared a small tabletop before but this was as much a mental challenge as a physical one.

justql - Those creek crossings are probably easier when it hasn't rained 3 feet in the last month....
Susan E.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Congrats on clearing the double! Your right, it is more of a mental challenge then anything else. Once you get past the fear of failure, there's no telling what you might accomplish.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I was also surprised at how much throttle I really had to give the bike to clear the jump. At first I was afraid it would loop out on me but it stayed pretty level. I do have a lot more confidence now!!

Thanks for the support!!
Susan

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
With 4str's you can't chop the throttle on the face of the jump like a 2str. You have to kinda pin it through out the entire jump. Go out and tear it up, girl!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
way to go, susan. you'll be ready to kick butt in the state series next year. :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool, Susan! :cool:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
:yeehaw:

Way to go farmgirl! But I've got to say, ain't fair that you've got a coach like that. ;)

If you can do it on a ttr125, wait 'til you get that YZ125 next year. You'll be doing it in your sleep.

We must ride sometime.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
That is very cool Susan! :thumb: Have you gave any more thought into what bike you want to move up to?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by Sawblade
That is very cool Susan! :thumb: Have you gave any more thought into what bike you want to move up to?

I am looking at a WR250F. It's pretty tall though. I haven't had a chance to ride one yet. Sounds like you still have a KX100 for sale??!!

Originally posted by nephron
If you can do it on a ttr125, wait 'til you get that YZ125 next year. You'll be doing it in your sleep.

HA HA HA ---- Not only are you pretty smart, you are also pretty funny....

Top Bottom