I finished it!!

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
I just finished my project bike, I installed a KDX into a 2002crf chassis, the pipe had to be modified, I had to have a welding shop weld me some new engine mounts, the airbox was a problem but I got it figured out. I'm putting a Kwasaki seat cover on the seat. all I have to install is the cr plastic, I can't decide if I want blue, or black plastic. can't wait to ride it.
:flame:

Last edited:

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Pics please!!!! We will want a ride report too when you get it done. Sounds like a fun bike. Ive wanted to put a KTM200 motor in my bike to see what it was like. If I had another bike to race I would have tried it by now.

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
On ebay they are selling complete cr450 rolling chassis's minus the engine, they are puting the engines in 4 wheelers. They aren't cheap, but I love doing stuff like that. Winters get long and boring in Iowa.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
How did everything else fit?? How much of the CRF parts did you use and what of the KDX did you use??? Lets see pics ASAP!!! Thanx-

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
I was able to get a complete rolling chassis everything brand new, including the radiators, front and rear breaks, gas tank. amazingly the width on the kdx and crf450 between the swing arm engine mount is exactly the same, exept the whole on the KDX was to small, it had to be drilled out to 17 mm. the other engine mounts I had a welding shop take care of it for me. the front part of the frame where the head of pipe comes through, it had to be machined higher cause the frame was in the way of the pipe. front and rear sprockets lined up perfectly. I have some work to do on the airbox, and get new plastic, but thats it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…