Jan 21, 2008
Never owned one before, but I couldn't pass up this deal. I'm trading my old Yamaha YFM200 for a '90 KX250 with a fresh rebuild. I'm 6'3, 230lbs and bald (just in case you wanted to know!). I've owned everything 4-stroke from 70-650cc dualsports, a XJ750 and a XS1100 full-touring bike. I can deal with the power.

What I'm not used to is the powerband. What should I do to get comfortable with this bike? I'm sure my wife would appreciate not cashing in my life insurance just yet!

Thanks for the input.

Bif

Jan 3, 2007
You will be fine if you respect the bike. For the first while just all the power you can handle. If it is jetted rich you might want to keep a spare spark plug or 2 with you and a tool to change them.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
if you had hair it wouldn't be a problem

;)

and by the way, who do you hate? BOISE STATE!!

Jan 21, 2008
I could give a rat's azz about football, or just about any sport for that matter! Now if Boise State had a Judo club, that would be different. Boy, I do love some good randori. Anyone wanna play?

Jan 21, 2008
Last time I played, I got 3rd place in my weight division (Light Heavyweight). Got a nice little trophy with my name on it!

Chuck Norris was a no-show.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
inthedirtagain said:
Last time I played, I got 3rd place in my weight division (Light Heavyweight). Got a nice little trophy with my name on it!

Chuck Norris was a no-show.

imagine how well you would of done with a head full of hair !! :nener: ..... enjoy your two stroke. i normaly set somewhere between the gas tank and front fender on mine !! :yikes:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom