I hate banks/lending institutions!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
im keeping my eggs hard boiled in a potato gun, so when im asked to to give over a fee my eggs can go efficiently :nod:

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Egg Management Fee = A made up charge for a service or product that has absolutely no value whatsoever. Kind of like Carbon Credits!

I took the drawings of the house from when I had it built, made a portfolio with a few nice pictures, put in a page for cost of ownership and comparables, and added a plot plan and guide for shopping and local schools. Then I had the wife and kids take in a movie or go to the park for a couple hours on Saturdays while I held the "open house(s)". I left a sign-in sheet on the living room table (to get potential buyer's email and phone numbers) and sat in my family room watching TV waiting for people to come in. All I did for advertising was set up some ballons and a few fliers with directions in a couple intersections near my house (and right next to all those Realtor/Builder signs).

Took four Saturdays to sell the house. I downloaded the Save 6 closing papers so I provided all the sales agreements and contracts. When I asked the buyer how she found the house she said she saw the balloons and followed the directions!

It ain't rocket science. Dirt simple actually. Super easy and in no way should be a sales price fee. Minimum wage type effort IMO.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Sounds like selling homes comes very easy for you.

Why not change careers and make a killing?

Say 9 hours of your time per home, 6% commission and $150,000 average sale price, you could make $1,000/hour doing a dirt simple 'minimum wage' job. That's $2 million per year, once you go full time.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Or not! No interest. Just sold mine using the above method to reject the realtor VAT tax. Are you offended? It is the Flame Board!

I'll tell you what's really choice. Came home one day a saw a big realtor sign right on my front lawn. Not even anywhere close to any county right of way. Just sitting there by the dogwood. Where do these people come from?

I'm changing my mind. Not even minimum wage. Maybe tips only.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
dirt bike dave has it nailed. Even if you are not interested in the type of work the $2m a year would seem to be easy money for an expert like yourself and worth sucking up whatever makes it not interesting. If you sit around wait for people to show up you should be a ble to do something else while you are wating, maybe even find another mindless job or two so that you can make even more. Heck you could retire after just one year!

Or not :laugh:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Solid State said:
I'm changing my mind. Not even minimum wage. Maybe tips only.

Ok... now try to sell a house from 400 miles away, working full time and taking care of another house and sick fiance.

I mean, if realtor's are not necessary and it is so easy then you should be able to phone it in.

I'm not offended with your comments but I know the difficulty of selling my house in this market. It was a 1935 old farm house that needed some work. A lot of other houses for sale in the same area and there was an easement issue plus the buyer had a contingency to deal with.

Not difficult stuff to take care of but for her 3% (a whopping $2730 on a $91,000 sale) she did a lot of work and always kept me informed. She even arranged to have the grass cut (1.08 acres) and helped provide me with her sons to help me move (we have the trucks and trailers... just needed some cheap labor) so I did not have to worry about it and could focus my attention where it was needed more.

In the end she marketed my garage (30x40) and got the right buyers interested instead of just putting signs up and hoping the right person drives by. House was on the market less than 45 days before I had an offer and she had shown it 15 times.

I agree not all realtor's are that great and many make easy money through contacts and such. They usually deal in developments and higher end housing where they don't have to work through a lot of problems. Obviously my case was different and I am very grateful for my realtor.

I regret I have but one house to sell.

Ivan

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Finally some heat in the Flame Board! However, a few folks do really seem offended. Nothing personal - really. For those that need a reference:

"Bad experience with something? Feel like you've been wronged? Speak your mind here. Enter at your own risk, it gets hot in here, if you get burned, don't complain!"

Life's too short to not have some fun. It's cool.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LMAO if you think anything in this thread is heated your wrong... again :laugh:

Top Bottom