I hate to ask another jetting question, But!

Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
I just bought a 1993 KDX, it has a strong midrange, but crackles and spits at idle to 1/4 throttle. Also it is all I can do to get it to idle. I need to turn the idle screw all the way in.

At the end of my second ride it seemed to be fouling the plug. I ended up pushing it about a hundred yards and coasting it home. I bought a new plug and decided it was time to jet it properly. It had a 42 slow and a 165 main with the clip at the top notch. I checked the reed valves and they are looking real good. No cracks or broken edges. They are real tight and look new. The bike has a new sleave and piston. It has good compression. It has an aftermarket pipe with an FMF silencer. I tried a 45 slow jet with air screw 2 turns out and it ran a little better on low end. I then tried a 170 main and fould the plug quick. I went back to the 165 main and dropped the click one notch from the top. I am now having trouble even keeping the bike running.

It has been a long day and any suggestions would be great. I am gonna battle with it agian tomarow. I need a game plan. HELP! :whiner:

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Try needle clip in 2nd from the top position (stock needle) & that 165 main is most likely way too rich. Try a 155. Make positively sure the air filter is clean & the silencer is not plugged.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Hold the phone! Are we talking about a KDX200 or 250 here? tazkdx's starting point will put you in the ballpark for a 200 but will kill a 250. From the size of your main jet I'm thinking you have a 250, is that right?

David

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
On a 250 I'd expect to see a pilot in the 50/52 range? Are you seeing a lean bog when you wick the throttle open?

How’s your silencer packing?

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom