I have decided to buy KTM but . . .

tolga

Jun 15, 2005
I have decided to buy KTM but . . .

It was a decision between CRF450X and 450EXC. In Turkey, u r not allowed to put a license plate on 450X but you can put it on any Enduro models of KTM. This is one major difference if I would like to get to the woods through the regular traffic.

Even if 450X is sold for $ 10,184.10 and 450EXC is sold for $ 12,044.68 I have decided to buy 450EXC but . . .

When I have called to purchase one, they have said that they don't have it in their stock, they have to order it and it will take one month. But also, if I will pass a new order, they might bring 2006 450EXC. Or, I can buy 525EXC right away because they have it in their stock.

So, what should I do? Buy the 2005 525EXC or order and wait for 450 EXC.

Even though the weights of these two are pretty much the same, the power has a big difference (isn't it?) and I am afraid that I will struggle to ride it.

I a rookie and I am 90 kg (196 lbs) and 1.83 m (6.00 feet) tall.

I will appreciate if I can get help before making a wrong decision.

What do u guys think I should do?

Tolga

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
It may be a touch powerful at first, but you'll get used to it. From what I have been told the 525 is really a very controllable machine. If you really just can't wait, I wouldn't think twice about picking up the 525, it's a great bike, and you'll have a ton of fun with it.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
i know you are talking about riding it on the road which would be awsome on a 525, but it might be a tad bit of power for real tight trails. you will probably get use to the power, and you can always regear this bike lower. i put a 52 tooth on my 450 and it made it so much easier to ride on the really tight stuff. i can take off in second gear now. :nod: i love it.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I would wait the extra month. I've owned both and much prefer the 450 for woods while saving the big bore for more open terrain.

Yamadad

Jul 17, 2005
I own the 400SX, but have ridden the 525MXC and thought the power was very controllable. LOTS of low end torque. Very nice to tractor through the tight stuff.

tolga

Jun 15, 2005
CR Swade said:
I would wait the extra month. I've owned both and much prefer the 450 for woods while saving the big bore for more open terrain.

Please don't get me wrong but this is what I really wonder. If I can control the throttle, will there be differences even though their weight does not even differ more than one lbs?

Seriously, I feel like there is (might be) some difference that I will figure out when I ride it? Or not but if there will be? Than I don't want to ride a bike that I will tell myself that "I shouldn't have got this, I should have got the other one". It is funny a bit but this is how I feel.

Ok, what is the horse power, red line rpm, and Nm torque on these babies? Does any body know because I cannot find it on the brochures or the ktm web site?

Tolga

Last edited:
Top Bottom