i have i question about my 1990 suzuki rm250 forks??

1990rm250D

Aug 6, 2009
I have a 1990 rm250 bad forks puting new ones on but i wanted to know if i could put forrks from a 2000 rm250 on it?? If not whatis the interchangeble years?
thanks for you time :think:

Last edited:

upstateny

Mar 16, 2009
Up to '92 had the same forks. bolt in/on swap. '93 changed to a different body style Showa Fork, I'm unsure what brand the earlier ones were. The body's on the older ones where shaped much different than the '93 & up Showa's.

The older Triple Trees actually had the ability to removed the bar mounts completely, like more modern triple trees, whereas the '93-'95 top triple tree had them cast into the tree, and your stuck with 7/8"s bars.

upstateny

Mar 16, 2009
I would stick w/the RMs. Because if you dont, you have to retro fit the steering stem into the other trees to run the YZ/KX/CR forks. Due to possibly different steering stem sizes and bearing differences.

A friend of mine has a set of 91 RM 250 forks that need Lower tubes, but the upper tube are really good.

What are wrong with yours? IF you could find a set similiar to what I just described, you probably could put the 2 together for 1 good set.

Top Bottom