I just thought of the perfect thing!

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Well I was just sitting here at my computer and I have been thinking about selling my 1991 Honda XR250R and use the money I get from it and using it as the Down Payment along with the $500 I have saved from my job and getting a Knew 2002 Honda XR250R. But then Yamaha popped into my mind and I though about the 2002 Yamaha WR250F. I could put my money down on it. But my problems are these. I haven't yet seen a dealer that is carrying them. My local Honda Yamaha Dealer have the YZ426F in. I haven't seen any YZ250F's or the WRF's. The other problem is I saw on this forum a week ago or so and someone's CrankShaft Broke into. Thats a concern. This is biggest problem. All my riding gear is in RED because I have the XR250R. My helmet is red,Scott No sweat 3 goggles are red,My Alpinestars M4 boots are red. So I would be wearing red on a Blue bike. Would that be that big of a Problem and look stupid? I know this is a long post but I have to include everything. Is the replacement parts more expensive,Valves,Pistons,etc? How much can I expect to Pay? The Retail Price is $5,699. I was at my dealer about 3 weeks ago and they had 1 YZ426F for $5,999 which is its retail price. How much have you guys been getting your WR250F's? Is it really good for the woods? Would I be able to control the power? Thanks for hanging in their and if I think of anything elso I will post it in a reply. Thanks Matt

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
I thought about this about 3 minutes after I posted the original. Is the WR250F Race ready right out of the crate? Thanks Matt

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
who cares about gear color? i ride with red gear on my new kawasaki, and itlooks fine. WRF's are liquid cooled trail bikes...what do u want to race? is aything i would say go for a kdx their so close to thumpers that its amazing, and yes i know how a thmper runs because i have an xr400 also. my choice ( which isnt one of your options) would be a kdx

BIG_AIR2003

Sep 5, 2000
color don't really matter. look a ricky carmichael he wore orange and grye most of the supercross season and rode a green bike red and blue would just make you look patriotic:cool:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Red and Green, Christmas colors!!!!

My son wears black and red boots, pants that are back to the knees, florescent orange to the hips, yellow to the waist, a yellow jersey with red lettering, and a red and black helmet on a blue Yamaha. Oddly enough, it looks pretty good.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Thanks for the replies everyone,Hey Ride_Red_15 I thought about the KDX but I just really want a 4 Stroke. Thanks again Matt

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…