Shez

Jun 28, 2002
I have just bought another KDX200 to go with the 200 SR I currently have, I will be keeping the SR for laning etc as it is so good at that, but I have now bought a 97 std model for enduro's etc, I have a couple of questions about it which I don't think are serious but I want to make sure before I hand over the rest of the cash.
The oil drip from the join between the front pipe and the tail pipe, all my 2T's have done this but this one is extreme, is it just he has been over oiling it ??? I know the petrol in it was very old when we started it so it may have gone off a bit.
There is a wirring/ticking noise from the powervalve area, I have had this on 2T's before and it has always been the powervalve mechanism and never caused a problem, but the SR doesn't do it ???? I don't think it is anything but want to make sure.
There I am now (shortly to be) a 2 KDX and only one KTM owner, so impressed with the bang for penny value from the little kwacka.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
If there is oil leaking between the pipe and silencer, then the silencer is full of oil. Remove the silencer, open it up, remove the packing, clean and repack it.

Be sure to watch the jetting on the bike and the oil mixture ratio to make sure you are not running to rich.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: whirring/ticking?

How can you hear THAT over the other kawi noise?;)

Check the KIPS by manually activation to see how it's doing. With the pipe off and looking up the exhaust port, activiate the system using the nut under the slotted LH cover. You will be able to see the subports and the main valve...hopefully working as they should.

wallasaki

May 23, 2002
The noise is normal.!? Noticed this when I went for my first ride. Called buddy and he said that's your KDX saying, "Ride me cowboy." He is only allowed 1 phone call per week. Hey Matt watcha packing in that pipe?? Sounds like a Cheech and Chong line, but seriously, I need to clean mine. Can I use something around the house, or shall I make another trip to Kawi dealer?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom