Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Freinds,
I'm working on a very cool project. I can't really talk to much about it yet but it involves shock absorbers.. :)

Here is my problem, I need a some pipe tubing hardware that is baffeling me. I've looked in all the usual places for hardware, McMaster ETc..

HAs anyone in there exspereince found a good place for Male insert, female swivel, to male fitting? In less than say 20mm midsection with a 6-12mm pipe ID? I can do a standad retap. It could be posible to just machine what I want, but in these days of devlopment work, we need on the shelf items and exspensive low volume customs as a last option..

What I can tell you is that we intend to use tihis to hold on a Remote resivor so it must be relatively strong.

Best Regards,
Jer

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
well I am not sure that this could help you but if have the time maybe take a look at the different hydraulic fittings on a forklift or offroad equipment. I dont know the pressures of shocks but most of the hydraulic pressures I dealt with are around 2200psi on the high side. If by some strange stroke of luck the bypass tube on an Omark Industries pump is what you are trying to explain that I picture. Try and get a look at a hydraulic pump on a logging truck or drywall delivery truck. Might not be what you have in mind but maybe easliy modified <your idea and/ or the tube itself>

Last edited:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
http://globalfluid.com/TOC/Fittings.htm

this is just a website I found containing some hydraulic fittings if you knock around in there you might find what you need or something easily modified. this is only one particlular brand of hose manufacture<parker> but I would think any hydraulic hose shop in your area should be able to get you something close with any brand.

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
Hey Jer,
have you searched the Aeroquip parts list? They are the major manufacturer of extremely high pressure, lightweight, aircraft hydraulic and pneumatic fittings. I have a bit of experience with these if you have any questions about them.

I would advise you do a search on the 'Net for "Aeroquip". Also, I dont recall the name, but I believe there is a huge aircraft parts warehouse somewhere near St. Louis that has a complete stock of the stuff.

Hope this helps,

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Jer, I set up a couple high pressure wash trucks, and utilized these fittings on some equiptment. They seem to meet your size requirement. They are through Enco, (www.use-enco.com). In thier catalog it is on page 836, upper left, labled 90 degree swivel, heavy duty swivel. They are made in the USA, and are available in Brass or Stainless, with available rebuild kits.

The 90 deg.Brass part # 891-0337, is rated at 3000 psi for 19.99 each, the 90 deg.Stainless part# 891-0338, is rated for 5000 psi for 29.99 each. The repair kits part# 891-0339 are 8.99 each.

The stright/inline swivels are rated 2000 psi. Brass #891-0342, and 3550 psi. Stainless #891-0343. They list two sizes 3/8" and 1/4". These are also shown on page 836, and made in the USA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom