I need help with a part/part number!

Wharf Rat

Spammer
Jun 27, 2002
Part is for a 1990 KDX 200.

I am looking for the y-shaped piece that is basically a bracket. It holds the silencer on, and goes between the silencer and frame.

I can't find it in the "muffler", "frame", or "frame fitting" diagrams that I have seen on www.buykawasaki.com

I even checked for other years to see if the diagrams change, and for another different model or two but I still don't see it anywhere. It seems that they just show the rubber dampener that goes inside it, but not the y-shaped sluminum bracket itself.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I just printed it out and will take it to work with me tomorrow. I work at a Kawie dealer so I should be able to get it's PN#. Do you have the PN#? It would help with the search if you could tell me ALL the #'s on the peice, that is the one on the part you want ordered. I'll report what I find!
Phillip

Last edited:

Wharf Rat

Spammer
Jun 27, 2002
IrishEKU,

Thanks for your help. The problem is that I can't get the PN since I can't find it on any diagrams that I have seen.

All I need is the actual bracket there, not the rubber or the bolts or anything. I just cracked mine in half in the tight, wet, woods. MAN, those wet logs are slippery when you are off-camber and not trying to cross them straight on :yeehaw:

I would appreciate if you haave a couple of min. to look into it for me.

If we can't figure it out, I can surely fab something up that is probably stronger than stock anyway so it is no HUGE loss...

Last edited:

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
Part No.35011-1534
BuyKawasaki
In the parts diagram it is listed under fender.
Called a muffler stay

Wharf Rat

Spammer
Jun 27, 2002
Originally posted by Dazza
Part No.35011-1534
BuyKawasaki
In the parts diagram it is listed under fender.
Called a muffler stay

Dazza you ROCK!!

Why the F**K is it listed under "fender"?

I even went through all the categories and picked out any ones that sound even close and tried them. Fender sure doesn't sound like even a possibility when you look at it that way. Sometimes Kawi reminds me of Chrysler with their poor decisions like that.

I'll check it out and order right away if so. Appreciate your help greatly.

This board is just awesome.

Wharf Rat

Spammer
Jun 27, 2002
You are definitely right. It is there and it is ordered.

I still don't understand why it is under the "fender" diagram though....

Thanks again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…