I need insight on the Gorman CA track

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I was out at Gorman last Thursday for the second time and that step-down about 1/3 around the track scares the shznants out of me, anyone have any insight on how they do this jump, as well as the big table in the front, thanks
Jeff

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey YZ250roost,

Post it before you go to HV next time and I'll try to meet you out there and give you my .02 cents worth :eek:

BTW, I heard they changed the track since the 4-stroke Nationals, how is it ?

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
yeah, the track is awesome since they changed it, hold on I'll post again

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
ok, so now where that small set of rythm/whoops were, there is a bigger set of jumps, six to be specific and you double each set, but you have to stay to the left side of the track to make it over each set or you just go slow over all 6. then all is the same, you go over the step-down (I can't do) and over the two small tables, then there's that right hand turn with two lines , after that there is a new double that is probably 40-50 feet, so it's pretty tight, then you turn left and now there's a set of whoops that rattle the crap out of you. then you go over that small table and up that small hill, when you turn right you face a new double to table top, you land on the top of the table and from there on it's the same, they took out alot of those inside berms though so it kinda sucks trying to turn

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I'm going out on this coming thursday ( the 20th, ) I ride a 98 YZ 250 with black fenders and no numbers, I have black and grey shift pants and will probably be wearing a blue/grey thor jersey, hope to see you there,
Jeff

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Jeff,

The new layout sounds like it's a lot of fun. My neighbor told me about the new jump, and he was also having problems with it, so don't feel bad.

Obviously I haven't ridden the track yet, but my neighbor seems to think that I should be able to do the jump so we'll just have to wait and see.

I can't make the 20th (I'm going to LACR...we rented the track for the night :aj: ), but I'm planning on going to HV on the 27th (Thursday). Let me know if you can make it.

If you go on the 20th, maybe you can show me how to jump it on the 27th :D

Have fun, and I'll make a post for the ride on the 27th.

CLIFF

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
cliff,
Good deal man, I'll scope it out on this thursday and maybe even do it, I want that jump so bad I can taste it, I'm sure it'll make at least a 2 second faster lap time. Man that's awesome that you rented LACR have fun, but be safe, And I'll try to make it out on the 27th, most likely I will be there because we are getting into a pattern, that we try to go every thursday now, take it easy man and I'll talk to ya later,
Jeff

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
are there any spots left for LACR dude? Is so I have three buddies who want to ride with me out there, we would love to come if you guys still have the space open, thanks in advance
Jeff

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Roost,

Don't think so, however, I will double-check with the guy that's organizing it. It usually fills up pretty fast, and the track limits the number of riders, so most of the time there are not any openings. I'll send an e-mail today and ask if any opening are available, and let you know ASAP tomorrow.

It seems that the same folks try to rent the track at least once a month, so I'll let you know next time I hear about it.

If you think you (we) could get a total of around 20-25 guys, maybe we should think about renting either LACR or Gorman. Nothing like having a prepped track and only 20-25 guys on it :aj:

Cliff

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom