Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
Just drove by the new or newly opened again PIRU MX track in Piru, CA. It was closed so I couldn't get any scoop on it. Anyone been there since it reopened? It looks kind of sparse compared to something like Gorman MX. Do they have any tracks for the kids on mini's? Is it well run / organized like flag workers, emt people, watering truck, etc.?

Thanks, Walt

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Walt,

Checkout the piru website for details about the facility: pirumx.com

There is a separate track for kids/beginners. The main track is more technical than Gorman with some steep uphills and downhills, but there aren't any killer jumps at Piru. They water the track and have flagmen all around the track. I don't think they have EMTs though.

BTW, the owner of the track is usually at the track and welcomes rider's input.

It's always good to have another track to ride :)

Let me know of you decide to go there sometime and maybe we could hook-up.

Cliff

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
I think the Eel & myself might try this place on Sunday. I've never ridden a track before so it should be pretty fun. Any other takers?

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
CPT Jack & Eel,

Looks like I'll be at the track early Sunday morning. What time do you think you guys will get there ? I usually try to park just to the right of the entrance under the trees. Look for a maroon Ranger, or a YZ426 with yellow backgrounds and #41s.

Hope to see ya there.

CLIFF

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Kewl :aj:

BTW, just spoke to Bruce Clapham, and he is gonna make the trek all the way from San Diego to try the track. Oughta be fun.

C-ya Sunday.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
By the time youn read this message.....

sorry guys, i wont be able to make it:(, i had a weird day today at comp!

1. Cracked gas tank, in two places!.

2. Hit a rock! stayed on the bike but rag dolled it and twisted up my sholder in the process, it felt ok but has gone stiff and i am having to drink my beer with left handed.

3. bad blisters on palms, never had blisters ever, made a bad grip choice, now i cant get rid of the blisters despite using 2 different grips in the last few weeks.

by this point i was STILL comming!

4. Getting bike ready for sunday...clesan air filter in, then picked the wrong socket and rounded off the drain plug!

got home at around 11.30pm and nearly fell asleep on the freeway, so i decided to give piru a miss this week.

sorry gents, but be sure, i will be coming to ride up north some time in the next few weeks.

bc!:(

Top Bottom